Synergy Counselling was established in 2004 by James Hawes. Specialising in Counselling, Psychotherapy & Anger Management. The Practice offers face to face sessions in Nottingham & online counselling across the UK.
Creating a Space to Live
Fully and Authentically
Synergy Counselling was established in 2004. Since its inception James and his team have worked with hundreds of clients successfully.
James has carefully selected a team of leading professionals in the field of psychological intervention, therapy and personal change to help you address whatever difficulty you might be suffering from. Synergy works with a broad range of clients and can help with anger management, therapy for men and women, relationship counselling and therapy for children and young people. Working in partnership with several organisations, the practice works with individuals and also corporate clients.
Synergy offers workshops and anger management programmes in addition to therapy sessions.
Does Counselling Work?
“How can talking to someone help sort my problems out?”
“Isn’t it the same as talking to your mates?”
“How can someone just listening to me help me, you need to give me some advice?”
For some counselling doesn’t work but for most it has a remarkable impact on their lives. When the client is open and vulnerable and ready to work on their ‘stuff’ then clients experience incredible inner movements in their lives and can leave the counselling session feeling energised, challenged and changed. Many clients will say, I don’t understand it, but something inside has shifted, something clicked into place last week.
What is the research behind the impact of counselling?
- Therapy works – numerous studies have proven that people accessing therapy, increase their level of functioning 80 % greater then those who don’t have therapy.
- You as the client are the most important factor in therapeutic change – if you want to change and are prepared to do the hard emotional work then a successful outcome increases by 40%
- The relationship is a crucial aspect of successful therapy – therapeutic relationships will include rapport, support and trust to enhance inner strengths, potential and change. If this is lacking – then the therapist may not be right for you.
Is counselling value for money?
- For many, therapy can sound like an expensive luxury. Money spent on emotional care can be rare and most hope that they can go without it. However, many of us think nothing about spending money to keep our cars on the road. For example many of us spend –
- Approximately £40-50 a week to keep a car on the road, (Much more if you have a loan)
- At least £70 a month if you go on holiday once a year
- £10-40 a month for a gym membership
- At least £30-£100 per month on leisure and drinking activities
£50-£150 on food a week
Emotional fitness impacts overall wellbeing and include the benefits of feeling better about self, increased confidence, better relationships and greater all round health. Research indicates that counselling is good value for money
What can I expect from the counsellor & what should I look for in a good therapist?
- Contact An ability to help you feel safe, building rapport and trust.
- Acceptance Not judging you, but accepting who you are and offering empathy.
- Listening Creating an environment where you feel heard and acknowledged.
- Not quick to give advice Not telling you what to do or seeking to ‘parent’ you.
- Mutuality Treating you with respect and honouring your needs and expectations
services we provide
Synergy provides counselling, psychotherapy and emotional coaching for men and women. Therapy can move us back into sync when life becomes confusing & messy.
Learn how to gain greater control over your anger & express it in a healthy way. Synergy can provide effective individual & group anger management support to help you achieve this.
Children & Young People
Children and young people – It’s tough being young! Synergy has a wealth of experience in working with children and young people to help them make sense of their emotional world.
Developing healthy relationships requires time, energy and sometimes an external coach. Synergy can provide therapists to support you moving from functionality to intimacy.
Synergy can provide experienced counsellors to work in your school. We also deliver workshops and talks for students, staff and parents.
Supervision & Coaching
Clinical supervision for Counsellors, Psychotherapists, and other professionals. Synergy also provides coaching and supervision services
for businesses and teams.
Typical appointments last for 50 minutes. If requested the extension of session times can be negotiated for future sessions.
Individuals £45 – £75 (Monday- Friday between 9-5pm) and £50 – £80 for evening appointments
Couples and families £55-£80 (Monday- Friday between 9-5pm) and £60-£90 for evening appointments
Group sessions will usually last between 90-120 minutes. Groups are set up periodically, please contact us for the start times for the next group.
If you are unable to attend a booked appointment time then we usually expect 48 hours notice, otherwise we expect full payment.
For those with financial restrictions Synergy is able to offer a negotiated reduced fee for a limited number of clients
I feel stronger and more in control of my life. I have developed a greater awareness of who I am & how to move forward positively – Thank You!”